If you are planning on redecorating your house, it will be a great idea to meet a home décor stylist for the same. The expert services of a stylist may help you do up your place in an aesthetic manner. There is no denying that there are pros in their field and thus the suggestions and recommendations they may offer, you may not have even thought of the same. However, the catch is what all questions you should ask your home décor stylist before you employ them. If this is what concerns you, reading the following post may help!
– Ask About Their Signature Style: Though most stylists who offer interior design services offer a wide range of options to their customers. However, they may have a set approach or style of doing up a house. It is important to know whether the person whom you plan to hire is a specialist in the field in which you are planning to do up your home.
– Do not Shy Away From Asking Qualifications: When your money is at stake, you want nothing but the best. When you plan to style your home, there is money involved thus you want to get work done from a pro in the field. You may come across home styling services with no formal degree but they may have gained experience on the job. And there will be others with degrees from reputed institutes along with work experience. Well, you can choose either but you may have to shell out more money when quality is concerned.
– Communicate Your Ideas: No matter how good a stylist is but if he is unable to understand your requirements or is too pushy about how he should do up your house, well, that may not be a good idea, to begin with. Make sure you clearly put across your ideas and thoughts. Also, it is important that your ideas are well understood and implemented by your stylist.
– Ask For Sample Work: You can always ask your stylist to show you some of his sample work or give you a tour of a couple of houses that he may have done in the past. This may help you get a fair idea of what you can expect from your interior styling services. You should mention your budget also before you look for some sample work. This will give your stylist a general idea of which range of work you are looking for.
– Discuss Time Frame: Once you decide all the important aspects, it is important that you discuss a tentative date of completion too. Your stylist may give you a rough estimate and the work should wind-up around that time. However, if you feel the time frame quoted is more, do talk to your stylist about it.
– Be Clear On The Payment: Last but not least, be sure of the monetary aspect from the beginning. If you keep the budget ambiguous, there are chances that it may go out of hand. Also, talk about the stylist’s payment too. Some stylist may take advance payments, whereas others may take the payment later or take it in installments. Whatever be the case, money matters should be discussed and finalised at the beginning itself.
Meeting and working with a home decor stylist can get a bit taxing, however, making use of the above tips may help you in getting a good deal.